Saturday, December 18, 2010

Give a girl a .... and she can rule the world.

Give this girl a Cricut! I purchased my Baby Bug, aka The Cricut Personal Cutter, at Michael's on Thanksgiving during their special sale.  I scored it for $59.00 before tax.  It usually retails for $199.00.  I didn't quite know what I wanted to use it for, but knew I had to have it at this price.  Since Christmas is next week, I decided to look around my house and at inexpensive stores for items I could use my Cricut to enhance.  The first idea came from Jingle96, a Weddingbee member, who made wineglasses for her best friend's bachelorette party approximately a year ago.  I am not one to go in and buy the extremely expensive cartridges (carts for the pro cricuttier) if I don't know what to use them for and after careful research and a trial demo, I have decided on the one software that I must have, but that's a subject for a different post.

My first project was wine glasses for my co-workers.  The end result was stellar with only a few mishaps and my co-workers loved them and were thrilled that I made them.  Excuse the crappy cell pix, but my camera has been missing since the wedding!!  I have decided to sell these creations for $8 each plus shipping.  However I have only put a tester out in a classified's section to see how they sell because I am nervous lol!!

I also turned plain old tv trays from Wal-mart (12 each)

Into these personalized study desks for the kids.  They are going to love a spot that is all their own to do their homework!

1 comment:

Susan Amestoy said...

Hi,
I am writing a book called "So...How Did You Meet Anyway?" It is a collection of people's "how we met" stories.
I have posted the stories which have been sent in on;
So...How Did You Meet Anyway?
http://wwwsohowdidyoumeet.blogspot.com/
I am always shopping for stories and I would like to add yours. Please check out the site, and if you would like to contribute your "how we met" story contact me at;
susan.amestoy@gmail.com
If I am writing to you a second time, it's only because I really want your story:)
Happy Holidays and...congratulations!
Susan