Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year!!

It's almost Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!


My mommy is Mrs. Christmas herself! And I love love love love Christmas! For me it brings to mind my sister and I acting like 4 year olds under the tree looking for our gifts and watching my son, nephew and niece open their gifts and the look of sheer pleasure and amazement on their faces, not to mention my mom's yummy Lemon Meringue Pie (I keep asking for the recipe and every year my mom forgets. It's hilarious and a family tradition for me to ask, her to forgot and then the yummy pie show up on our table and me to hoard it from everyone else). I totally give the evil eye when someone tries to take a piece....
Since I am the self-proclaimed Mocha Frugalista, I can't fathom purchasing store brought Christmas cards, I mean where's the frugality in that? I am totally DIY'g my own Christmas cards this year with an embossing tool and other items bought from (you guessed it) Michael's! But of course, I'll use my coupons to get the best deal of all because as David's Bridal says "It's chic to save" and well I must be the chic-est of 'em all! I will be using the below video tutorial to make my cards. I am pretty sure I'll be passing on the water color portion though.
I am also uber excited because M and I will also be traveling all the way from Louisiana back home! My mom called today to say that she has reserved our hotel room (isn't that a great gift?!) And she gushed about the room, so I can't wait to see! We will be spending two wonderful nights and three days at home! And it's M's very first visit home with me, Lord I hope he isn't intimated by our Biggie Sized Family!
Do you all have any holiday rituals? Are you DIY'g any crafts or gifts in lieu of buying a more expensive counterpart? Have you started thinking about it yet?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love winter! We just had our first "real snow" of the season and it turned into a full-on blizzard! I LOVED it!

Mocha Frugalista said...

Oh Ali: I am so very jealous! It is still in the 70s and 80s here, although it's getting slightly cooler (think high 70s instead of 90s+) You should definitely take pictures!! They'd make wonderful Christmas cards!