Monday, November 29, 2010

The long walk

The walk was the most emotional part of my wedding day.  Until then I was cool as ice.  Not nervous, not anything but well numb. I wondered if I would ever feel like a bride and not just a wedding planner that is getting married.  Well, it happened.  Just as I was getting ready to walk down the aisle I asked for my daddy.  We thought that he wouldn't be able to make it because he went to the emergency room, but there he was, my Daddy.  The man whose shoulder I sat on when I was 2, the one who bought my first car fro me.  The man who spoiled me beyond belief.  He hasn't always been a great father but at that moment I forgot it all and just realized that here was my daddy.  I ran up to him and he reached up to me.  The cancer has stripped his ability to walk and he is now in a wheelchair.  I asked him if he wanted to walk me down the aisle and he said no it was too cold he wanted to just watch from the window.  And after he gave me a hug and we shared tears, my stepdad who was also in tears asked if I wanted to push him down. I said no because I didn't want my dad to feel uncomfortable and to be cold.  Then it was time.  My stepdad and I got to the door.  Then we couldn't decide who walked first it was hilarious!! He said I should go, I said he should go, in the end we both went :o)
My cousin captured this shot with his camera (he dabbles in photography).  I love the look on my stepdad's face in this picture....

I cried and laughed the entire way down te aisle. I am not sure how that works...
This is one of my favorite shots thus far.  I was telling my stepdad "Oh I think we are supposed to be walking and then I found it hilarios that I forgot to walk!! Go figure!"

This is my Oh God please stop crying face...

I didn't succeed and burst into tears again. I didn't realize I was bawling so much but I sort of like this picture.

Proof that I didn't cry the entire time lol!!!

Were you emotional when you walked down the aisle?  This was really the only moment that I was tearful.  I was just laughing and excited the rest of the time and in planner mode...

No comments: