Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm sooo fascinating I cannot help myself, my low-cost fascinator...

If you have a Claire's, you're in luck!! A few weekends ago I scored this great fascinator for $2.75.  No worries if the sale has gone off, it was only $5.50 regularly.  Here she is in all of her splendor...

Here she is after I did my thing :o)

Here's how I made her...
Items you'll need
  • A flower or fascinator of your choosing ($2.75)
  • An old bracelet, some crystal beadings, loose crystals, or a brooch ($9.00)
  • a great pair of scissors (I had these already so free for me)
  • glue dots or Zots (I had these already but prices range from $4.00-$8.00)


  1. I removed the center pollen, stigma, plastic stuff from the center. I must admit she was pretty cute with it, but I wanted some bling in my hair....


2.  I used my handy zot (see picture above) to place the stone of your choice in the center (stone/bling, whatever you want to use).  You can also use a glue dot or glue gun to attach your baby, if you are feeling really adventurous you can use a hair pin and bend it at the prongs when it goes in.  I am lazy (we all know from the STDs) and decided to see what a glue zot could do.  And here is the result.... (I barely had to put it down on the flower.  Now, this flower is very flimsy so I had to use the glue zot to keep the flowers in place and not have them flopping all over the place...

Here's the finished project (total cost $11.75)
close up because I know y'all want to see lol
I may go back and sew on more pieces of the bracelet (there were smaller crystals, but I like the simplicity of it especially since there are special plans being configured for my veil and my other jewelry :o)
Now, this is way different from the original one that I liked but being $118.00 cheaper, I definitely think it was a steal versus splurge moment.  Here is the original piece....

4 comments:

penga said...

lovely! and 1/10th of the price is unbeatable!

Mocha Frugalista said...

@penga: I think so too!! I would rather spend my 108 bucks on something else like a specialty veil (yes of course the post is coming soon lol!!)

Monicka said...

Ggiirrll! This is fantabulous!! You rock!

Mocha Frugalista said...

@DIY: thanks girlie!!! I was really very excited by it all :o)