Friday, February 5, 2010

Update: I'm a big shot and now I can prove it!!

I received my big shot in the mail today and man oh man is it gorgeous! It's like a black cadillac or something lol. I must admit I was a bit intimidated by it's crank shaft and appearance, it's definitely not as "cute" as a cuttlebug, but man oh man was it easy to use!  In less than 3 minutes, I had it set up read the instructions on the tab and inserted my new chandelier die that I won on ebay (SCORE) and embossed my very first thing, an envelope (and let me say this, my guests will be insane when they see this and even M who is usually difficult to impress said "wow" that's cool!!!! Without further adieu I present to you our wonderful envelopes!!!  I will probably do a tutorial on this in a few days when I master it and can do prettier things on a prettier envelope, but for now, you get the gist of it :o)...
front

back (and yes it's upside down, lol!!)

I also spent a bit of time stamping a note card with my new stamps and I'm not too sure if i like this versus a printed one, but I think it's a good effort lol (i need new ink so forgive the kind of cruddy (IMO stamp)


5 comments:

Stampin' Diva said...

I am glad you like it, now I can get you some really good ink that will be perfect!!

penga said...

oh! I love it crebre! YAY for embossing!

Mocha Frugalista said...

@Stampin' Diva: OMG I LOVE IT!! We definitely need to get together for the ink etc.....

@penga: i know right?! i love your embossed invitations as well, as soon as I saw it I thought to myself hey I want to do that lol!!!!

JustJoey said...

I love it!!! So cute! Embossing is fun!!! I can't wait to see the rest.

Let's all emboss stuff together! I love that tool you have...very handy dandy and the results are great! Cheers for chandeliers!

Mocha Frugalista said...

@encore:i have no idea what type of paper we're using yet lol!!! i am just in a conundrum with all of those types of decisions!! the tool that i have is AWESOME!! Go to http://www.stampinfabulousity.com/ and you can see the different projects made and order from that site. They are running a special right now where you get a free thingie if you spend over $50.00 so I get a free thank you stamp (guess what I'm using it for ;)...